I’m actually happy to be back to more casual and most importantly EASY wardrobe after fashion week. Fall is just about to kick in, so I’m also big into the ease of wearing scarves to take me from the high to low temperatures when I’m out and about all day long.
Would you believe the scarf and the dress I’m wearing in these images are really just these fabrics?
STYLIST TIP: To get the dress look
1. Get a multi-purpose Hipknoties in the long length (medium if you’re petite).
2. Step into the Hipknoties and pull up so it covers your body.
3. Pinch two sections in each hand and tie together at the back of your neck with one of the ties included (like in this picture).
4. Belt the dress—any belt will do—and blouse the top of the dress over the belt until you reach your designer length.
5. Start graciously accepting all of the compliments you’ll be getting on your new dress (and plotting ways to wear it differently)!
STYLIST TIP: To get the infinite scarf look
1. Get a beautifully handcrafted scarf from Sheila Johnson (a portion of the proceeds will benefit Lady Salamanders, the women’s division of Street Soccer USA)…your own scarf works too, but it’s probably not as gorgeous or soft as one of these!
2. Loop the scarf and tie at the end.
3. Then drape over your neck with the knot in the back.
4. Loop around a second time.
5. Adjust to desired length and make everyone envious of your scarf.
blazer: T.J.Maxx | dress: c/o Hipknoties | scarf: c/o Sheila Johnson | bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim | shoes: Lela Rose for Payless | sunglasses: Lanvin (scored from Bib & Tuck!) | bracelets (from top to bottom): etc…, Kate Spade, c/o Silver Continent | all other jewelry: vintage heirlooms