Tired of sifting through big store designer collaborations and finding nothing you want left by the time you actually make it into the store?
I have your strategy for shopping the upcoming Altuzarra x Target collection who’s preview was just released and will be out in stores on September 14th. This one won’t last long in stores thanks to fashionistas in the know and the strong looks created by the CFDA darling designer.
When Joseph Altuzarra teamed up with Target, he set out to keep the feel of his pricey line but still staying true to his brand without literally recycling his designs. Unlike past Target lines, he focused on the cut of the garments, which always helps make clothing look more expensive, but staying with Target prices—nothing over $89.99—something he’s able to accomplish when working with the large quantities that Target produces.
Check out my stylist picks of the nearly 50 piece collection and why you may want to add these 12 items to your shopping list:
1. This sheer bow blouse is a good bet to snatch up before everyone else catches on. I guarantee the dress versions of this will go first, but the blouse version is more versatile because you can wear it with jeans, layered with a sweater over it or even tucked into a skirt. This classic top will have way more legs than a dress (no pun intended).
2. This corset belt is also a good bet because it’s flattering on anyone and can make a cheap dress with no shape look much more upscale. It’s hard to tell how good the leather is from the picture, so that’s why my pick is the black over the black, which is lighter so you can see how the quality of leather is more easily. STYLIST TIP: If you do get the brown version, you may want to make the leather more buttery and weathered by rubbing Vaseline on it and you can add wear with rubbing it with sandpaper.
3. This pick could go either way, depending on how it feels in person, but right now the furry coat was EVERYWHERE on the fall runways and it’s totally on trend—therefore if you want to jump on board, this is an affordable way to make that happen.
4. I predict that these over-the-knee boots may be the first things to go in the collection, so while everyone’s fighting over the dresses in the front of the store, run straight to the shoes in the back and grab these. They’re a beautiful design and will no doubt be mistaken for a way more expensive shoe. The tricky part is whether the quality is there, so you may have to stop in the Dr. Scholl’s shoe pads department while in Target!
5. This sheer peasant dress is one of the most gorgeous of the collection with intricate embroidery making it look way more expensive than it likely is.
6. The peasant blouse version is equally as good and can be worn nearly all year-round, layered or on its own.
7. Everyone needs a well tailored blazer and this one with its well-placed darts, high cut arm holes and slim sleeves, this one is sure to flatter and be a classic staple for years to come.
8. This two-tone trench may be the priciest piece in the collection, but it’s well worth the investment. A good designer trench tailored with details like this would normally cost hundreds and not end in a price with $.99
9. Read #7 and add a showstopping WOW between the rich color and luscious fabric of this velvet blazer.
10. Add the velvet pants for a Gwyneth in a Tom Ford for Gucci 90’s moment—not to mention the beautiful satin striping details.
11. The cut of this 70’s influenced dress is extremely flattering on most figures and is sexy yet classic. It’s also one of the few dresses in the collection that you probably won’t get stopped by someone who recognizes the collection and asks, “oh is that Target?”
12. If you can’t score #4, grab these lace-up booties. They’re just as fabulous and you’ll live in them all season.
Happy shopping and good luck fighting over these items!
images via Refinery29