Dolce & Gabbana headphones // photo by Jennifer Robbins, styled by me for Improper’s fall fashion issue
STYLIST PICKS OF THE WEEK
- I’ve been obsessed with fancypants headphones for a while now, but when Dolce & Gabbana had their models strut down the runways for fall all wearing luxurious leather and bejeweled headphones for their stunning collab with Frends, who happens to be my headphones of choice, I was enamored. D&G was actually the first showroom I contacted when styling for a big fall fashion spread I did not only because I love working with them, but I needed to find a way to get those amazing headphones into the piece. Guarantee you’ll be dreaming of them too, but if you can’t afford the price tag, Frends makes some more wallet-friendly ones like these headphones which you can also cozy up in a corner and be like, leave me alone, I’m being fashionably emotional while listening to the latest Adele single.
- You guys know I’m a big fan of the quality all American brand Lands’ End, but now New Yorkers and Bostonites can shop this classic Mid-Western brand in person for the holiday season with Lands’ End’s first ever holiday pop-up shops. You can get your holiday gifts—and a gift for yourself of course—monogrammed while you’re there. Boston’s shop in Copley will come first, followed by NYC on 5th ave and 52nd. It doesn’t get more luxury than those locations, but luckily the prices won’t match the real estate!
- Were you one the many disappointed ladies all over the world that couldn’t get through H&M’s crashed site for the Balmain x H&M collection launch yesterday before it sold out in minutes? Perhaps you’d rather pay double than wait in line just to get stampeded by crazy fashionistas hoping to grab the items they’ve been waiting months for? Everything you wanted is being sold now for actual Balmain prices on eBay now?? Not to worry, Poshmark has you covered. I scored this coat during the sale, but even at double the price (unless you make an offer) on Poshmark it’s a steal. You can always feel like you got a part of the action with the sad remainder on H&M’s site: this basic ribbed bandeau.
- I’ve been hooked on the whimsical Benefit Cosmetics line for years but since styling for them and having their shop open in my hood, I’m finding myself in there often, mostly to get my eyebrows tinted so I don’t have to draw them on (the perks of being blonde…sigh.). I recently discovered Benefit’s new Roller Lash mascara that blew their others out of the water and I actually saw a dramatic difference. It doesn’t look too va-va-voom like Bad Gal Lash or even Real Lash, but it actually creates natural looking but curled lashed thanks to the innovative brush. I bought a travel size, but I’m digging enough to splurge on a big one next time.
- You may have seen my Instagram posts where it looks like I traded in my Macbook and got a really cool laptop to match my marble counters, but alas, it’s just an illusion—a sticker to be exact.